Thursday 19 September 2013

Sleek Makeup Lip 4 Lipstick Palette - SHOWGIRL 857 Review

These palette's are new from Sleek Makeup. When I was in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago on a weekend away I picked up 3 of these palette's from Superdrug. Today I'm going to review this palette called SHOWGIRL 857 which consists of 4 lip products hence the name 'Lip 4'. This palette includes 4 lip colours as well as a little brush applicator that I didn't keep as I like to use my lip brushes from Blank Canvas Cosmetics when applying lip products to myself or clients.


The compact itself is very handy for travelling with as it's small in size so would be perfect to toss in your handbag while on the go. It also contains a mirror inside which could come in handy on the go! As I said I didn't keep the lip applicator which was included as it was useless so if you had a lip brush you could just pop that in your bag along with the palette! 

I think if you are in a country that has a hot climate these lip colours would melt very easy so I would keep them in a cool dry place at all times.


I swatched one colour and nearly drowned my makeup brush when swatching the next as you can see from the picture! All these colours have a slight different texture. The top left hand corner and the bottom right hand corner ones seem to be like a normal lipstick and then the other two seem to be like lipgloss but more gloopy than your normal lipgloss. 

The two shades that I described as being gloopy don't last very long on the lips as the other two shades, but are very very pigmented so I'm not sure if I would wear the 'gloopy' ones over a lipstick like you would a lipgloss.

A little bit goes a long way!!! .... as these are extremely pigmented you really just have to pick up the smallest bit on your brush.

I also found when swatching this palette on my arm that they stained a little but not so much on the lips. I think if your into bright lip colours this palette would be for you! 

These palette's in the UK are 8.99 each. Which is very affordable I think considering your getting 4 different lip shades.
The palette includes 5.4g of product.
This palette is Cruelty-free which is ALWAYS  a good thing!
Travel friendly.


No comments:

Post a Comment