Wednesday 25 September 2013

Madam Makeup Look #1

This has been a popular look of mine on my facebook recently for the past couple of weeks since creating it. So I thought it would be the perfect look to share for my first 'Madam Makeup Looks' posts that I will be posting weekly here on my blog. Madam Makeup Looks will consist of pictures of the look I did along with 'how to' and product list that most people find handy! when wanting to create a similar look on themselves. This look is of a golden smokey eye, some contouring and a pink lip. 


Product list & how to . . . 

When starting my eye makeup I like to do my brows first as I find your brows frame your eyes. So to begin I used my Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express Eyebrow Kit. I used two products from this kit on my brows, the wax and the darkest powder for brows to define and fill them in. 

As a highlight on the brow bone I used a white kohl pencil from Rimmel London as a base followed by MAC 'Vanilla' eyeshadow. 

As my transition colour in the crease area of my eye I used the matte beige eyeshadow from my Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express Eyebrow Kit.

To define my crease I then applied a small amount of MAC 'Swiss Chocolate' eyeshadow.

On the lid I applied 'Half Baked' from my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. This is a gorgeous gold eyeshadow, probably my favourite gold eyeshadow to use! You can mix this eyeshadow with a mixing medium and it really makes the golden colour pop on the lids!

I then lined my upper lash line using my beloved Catrice Liquid Liner! This is my favourite liquid liner to use as the applicator is sharply pointed which makes it easy to get clean lines. Good for beginners and also very affordable! I flicked my eyeliner out a little also.

To define my eyes even more and to add definition, I smoked this look out using 'Blackout' from Urban Decay Naked 2 palette on the outer corner of  my eye blending slighting into that gold eyeshadow.

To finish off this eye look, I applied Catrice Gel Eyeliner in black to my waterline, and 'Blackout' eyeshadow to my lower lash line. I then added 'Sultry Lashes' from Penney's another favourite of mine! and one coat of mascara! 


Moving onto my face I first applied a small amount of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer all over my face ensuring my hands were clean.

I then applied Faces Cosmetics Creme Perfection Mineral Foundation using a buffing brush from Real Techniques.

I used a concealer palette that I bought of Light In The Box to highlight my face. I used the lightest shade in this palette underneath my eye area in a V shape blending outwards over the tops of my cheekbones. I ran a little down the center of my nose and in between my brows. 

To set my foundation and concealer that I had used, I applied some Catrice Translucent Powder mainly to my T Zone area of the face. 

To contour my face I used Sleek Makeup Contour Kit in 'Light'. I used the dark matte bronze powder in this compact to add warmth to my face using a large powder brush. I applied this where the sun would naturally hit - across the forehead, across the center of the nose, and tops of my cheekbones. I then went in with a smaller contouring brush and began to contour, under my cheekbones, my temples, down the sides of my nose and along my jawline.

I then took the pink highlighting powder in this kit and applied some to the tops of my cheekbones to give a little glow to my face.

To add a little colour to my cheeks on a blush brush I applied a small amount of this product to the apples of my cheeks blending this slightly into the area I highlighted.


Brushes used: Real Techniques Buffing Brush for foundation. Sigma F70 Concealer Brush for concealer. Sigma F20 Large Powder Brush for applying translucent powder. Blank Canvas Cosmetics F16 Large Contour/Powder Brush to apply matte shader when adding warmth to my face. Real Techniques Contour Brush to contour and highlight. Sigma F40 Large Angled Brush to apply blusher.


No comments:

Post a Comment