Tuesday 24 September 2013

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Review

Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter – 1 HOUR TAN is a revolutionary, express, self-tan mousse that develops into a beautiful, natural-looking tan in just 1 hour!
Easy to apply this first-of-a-kind formulation combines hi tech accelerating agents, which are activated upon contact with skin and speed up the tan’s absorption and development, to deliver a rich, cocoa brown tan.
After just one hour, Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter -1 Hour Tan can be rinsed off and the tan will continue to develop for up to three hours, giving a gorgeous authentic, golden-brown tan lasting up to 5 days. If you prefer a deeper, darker cocoa brown coloured tan you can leave the product on your skin for up to three hours and then shower.
Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter – 1 HOUR TAN does not leave the ‘biscuit smell’ associated with traditional fake tan. This smell results from DHA (the active tanning agent in tan) coming into contact with air on the surface layers of the skin. The accelerating ingredients in Cocoa Brown carry the product into the skin, so no DHA is left to linger on the skin’s surface and therefore there is no tell-tale smell.
It contains natural extracts of the deliciously scented Tahitian Gardinia, which leaves a subtle floral fragrance on the skin.
Cocoa Brown was formulated with all skin types in mind but particularly dry/sensitive skin and contains the highest grade vegetable derived DHA (tanning agent) not the synthetically produced kind.
Finally, you’ll notice that Cocoa Brown’s luxurious formula on application, glides over your skin. The mousse is light-weight, fast drying, non sticky and gives streak free results that last for days.

I have been using this tan since it launched and absolutely love it! Before discovering this tan, the tan I used was St Moriz. I have dry skin especially on my legs and my arms, when I used this tan for the first time I loved how it applied but hated how it wore off, I was left blotchy and looked like I had scales on my arms and legs for over a week. I tried everything to try get it off and couldn't! I later found out that I had applied too much of this product to my skin and that's why it was wearing off how it was.
Second time round up until now I apply a light layer to my skin using a tanning mitt. I make sure my skin is well exfoliated and moisturised beforehand as this is a mousse and even though it say's it's suitable for dry/sensitive skin I still find it that little bit drying it you don't prepare your skin beforehand.
I've gone through bottles of this tan and Cocoa Brown's Night & Day Tan which is similar but I do find the 1 Hour Tan better. As the name suggests this tan develops a nice natural tan in just one hour but you can leave it on up to 3 hours if you prefer to be that little bit darker then wash it off. What I like to do is apply it after I have showered at night time then the next morning I wash it off and I've got a lovely glowing tan. 
Applying it properly now, I haven't had any problems with this tan going blotchy or flaking when wearing off. I like to apply tan 2-3 times a week exfoliating and moisturising my skin in between. I did find that this tan transfers onto clothes when you first apply it so make sure to be wearing something dark or old before you wash it off. I love how it doesn't smell like other tans which can be really unpleasant and it's not sticky either which is bonus!

This is before and 1 hour after - being Irish as you can see I have very pale blotchy skin (please excuse the bruise on my leg also). Here is the tan after 1 hour of application. It's lovely and dark just how I like it but not orange. This is a must have tanning product for me! You can find it in loads of pharmacy's around Ireland, Penney's (Primark) here in online or you can get it online! This tan is around €7.99 for a bottle, BARGAIN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment